Al Amanah College HSC Study Camp
Why come to Al Amanah HSC Study Camp?
Do you find it hard to study at home?
Do you need a large chunk of time to get your study notes organised?
Do you need help in any subjects?
Have you been thinking there’s more to life than the HSC?
Each day consists of a minimum of 6 hours of study (normally 3 x 2 hour sessions or 4 x 1.5 hr sessions).
No fridges, TV’s or net to distract you
The problem lots of students face is when they sit down to study they find something more appealing to do; whether it’s the sudden desire to clean their room, to get something to eat, or to watch daytime TV. On an HSC Study Camp you avoid all that.
Easy motivation from other students
What would you find easier, studying by yourself in your bedroom, or in a room with your own friends, all studying the same things? There’s natural motivation that occurs when you do activities with your peers. It’s the good type of peer pressure.
Accommodation for Students:
Students will be staying in Lodges 1 and 2.
Kitchen/Dining Room/Study Rooms:
Self catered kitchen and a large dining room. We have arranged for tables, chairs and a white board to be put in each common room of the Lodges.
Please find the “list of activities attached”. We will be participating in two activities: Archery and Rock climbing.
These activities are optional; if time permits we will do one activity only.
- Laser Skirmish
- Horse Riding
A typical day (Draft only)
- 06:00 – 07:30 Optional study session (1.5 hrs)
- 07:30 – 08:00 Breakfast
- 08:15 – 10:30 Morning study session (2.25 hrs)
- 11:00 – 12:30 Islamic Lecture
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 – 16:00 Free time and afternoon tea
- 16:00 – 18:00 Afternoon study session (2 hrs)
- 18:00 – 19:00 Dinner
- 19:15 – 21:00 Evening study session (1.75 hrs)
- 21:00 – 22:30 Free time or activity
What to Bring
• Cloth Bag containing (knife, fork, spoon, plate, mug, bowl & Tea towel)
• Sleeping gear (sleeping bag, pillow, & blanket if required etc…..)
• Insect Repellent
• Old clothes and shoes for the Challenge Valley activity
• Clothes (make sure they are warm).
• Beanie, gloves, scarves, etc…
• Clothes you can do activities in.
• Shoes (good walking shoes as well as your running boots!).
• 2 Bath towels.
• Toiletries – shampoo, soap, toothbrush & toothpaste.
• Hat & sunscreen.
• Water bottle.
• Tissues and wet wipes.
• Medication (if needed).
• Prayer Clothes (for girls).
• Study Material.
• We suggest that you bring all of your study materials, books, notes etc in a separate bag.
• Practice exam papers to use for exam simulation.
• Plenty of notebooks, A4 paper and exercise books Stationery set —you will go through
lots more than you think!
Please make sure that everything is clearly marked with your name.
Please Be Aware
Al Amanah College accepts no responsibility for personal property taken on camps.
Please do not bring any expensive items, i.e. CD players, mobile phones, iPods etc.
Laptops: If you choose to bring your laptop, you take full responsibility for its security. Whilst we do everything we can to ensure that security of your belongings is a priority.
In particular, if you are bringing a laptop:
• We require you to bring your own Kensington lock (or equivalent) and your own power board and extension cord.
• We also request that you make a copy of your hard drive before you come to camp and keep the copy at home.